So its been a few weeks sense i have made a blog post and in the last month i have had a number of problems with both soft bricking and Hard bricking of my cell phone and i also soft bricked my friends droid X. when it comes to customizing cell phones soft bricking (the phone is stuck in a low level mode and cannot boot into normal operating mode) is a part of life and something that happens to all cell phone moders from time to time, there are countless guides for each and every cell phone model to bring the phone back from a soft brick. and i was able to fix both my phone and my friends phone after a soft brick. However Hard bricking (the phone becomes nothing more than a paper wight) means its time for a new phone. thankfully the 2 times i have hard bricked my phone Verizon has replaced it for free and did not ask to many questions. Hard Bricking is not something that happens often and i have found that bad USB ports can cause all kinds of problems. also using out dated system like windows xp when the steps for the mod you want are made for windows 7 even if the mod has been tested on xp.
when it comes to moding cell phones there is a lot of risk involved but i love doing it and have no plans of stopping. For those that i have helped you know about the advantages to having an unlocked phone. as for everyone else if you like your stock phone, and it works for you that is great, keep it. i am not about to force you into letting me mod your phone.
smart phones are not so much phones as they are pocket size computers and their is a lot to learn about them so if you have questions on Android even just question on everyday things like changing your ring tones fell free to as me i do know a lot.
Some pointers on how to avoid the brickyard
1 read. Read as much as you can about the mod you want to do to your phone and understand what can go wrong and how to fix it if it does go wrong
2. Ask. if you are unsure of what you are about to mod ask lots of questions
3. Make sure you have the right connection. Use only oem usb cables with no damage, use good usb ports, and make sure you have the right drivers for your phone
4. Battery life, make sure you have full battery on your phone before any mod is run because most will use a lot of power and if your battery die while a mod is in progress your phone will be at least soft bricked
5. Good files. Sometime files are no good just download the file again or for another link
6. Back up. Always have a back up ur apps and roms just encase things go dad you can get your phone back to where it was before you started